* Please note that some photos of BMS below are for illustration purposes only. The actual photo is what you see in the product photo.
- Wiring Operation:
(1) First connect the B-line of the protection board to the total negative pole of the battery pack;
(2) The cable starts from the thin black line connecting B-, the second line connects the positive pole of the first string of batteries, and the next string is connected in turn. The positive pole of the pool; then insert the cable into the protection board;
(3) After the wiring is completed, measure whether the battery B+, B-voltage and P+, P-voltage values are the same, the same, that is, the protection board works positively. otherwise
please follow the above re-operation;
(4) When removing the protection board, first pull out the cable (if there are two cables, pull the high-voltage cable first, then pull the low-voltage cable), then remove Power line B-.
- Items needed Attention (From Manufacturer)
- Lithium battery BMS with different voltage platforms cannot be used mutually, eg., Life Po4 BMS cannot be used for Li-ion batteries.
- In utilization, please make sure to follow up on the designed parameter and utilization conditions.
- Charge and discharge current cannot be higher than the quoted current value in the specification.
- Please utilize the BMS in the regulated working temperature range, and make sure of a good heat dissipation environment.
- No self-taking off and changing parts in BMS.
- Our product has the function of waterproof but still suggests avoid of long-time water immersion.
- We conduct the Anode Oxidation process in the BMS dissipation plate, but when the Oxidation layer is destroyed, it still may cause electrical conduct. It is still suggested to avoid Dissipation plate contact with Cell and Nickel band.
- If the protection board is abnormal, please stop using it, and then solve the problem and use it again;
- Do not use two protective plates in series or in parallel.
1. What are the common port and separate port? what is the difference?
We take 13S48V16A BMS as an example, common port 16A means your charge cathode and discharge cathode are connected in the same point end(our P-), charge cathode and discharge cathode are used in the common connection port, so the charge current and discharge current are the same 16A. while the separate port is separately connected by charge cathode (C-) and discharge cathode (P-), so the charge current and discharge current is different, discharge current 16A, charge current 8A.
2. What is the balance function?
The working principle and function are as followings when your one cell voltage is up to alarm voltage(Li-ion up to 4.18V, Life Po4 up to (3.6V), then the cell Balance starts to work, balance resistance starts discharge with 35ma(when balance discharge starts to work, BMS will start a little heat up, which is the normal reflection), the cell is in both charging and discharging status, and others which are not reached to alarm voltage(Li-ion 4.18V, Life Po43.6V)are only in charging status, no discharging when the fast cell voltage is reached to alarm voltage(Li-ion 4.25V, Life Po43.75V)BMS starts off power protection, all the other cells are all in a stop of charging, this process will enable your battery charging in balance current, and your battery voltage is in balance status, but when your cell voltage difference is in a big range, then the balance can not be functioning well.
3. The relationship between Battery capacity and BMS current?
There is no direct relationship between Battery capacity and BMS current, big capacity doesn`t mean a big battery but relies on continued current, that is to say, if your engine is powerful, you should choose a high current of BMS, it does not rely on battery capacity.
4. What type of charger should I choose?
Lithium batteries must choose a specific charger, do not use Charger for Lead-acid batteries, lead-acid chargers may have MOS with high-pressure breakdown protection, which will not protect against BMS overcharge. LifePo4 battery charger voltage=battery string No.X3.6V, while Li-ion battery charger voltage=Battery string No.X4.2V.
5. What current BMS should I choose?
Take 10S36V as an example: what current BMS you choose relies on your E-bicycle Motor power and the current limitation of the controller. eg., choose 16A for below 350W, 25A for below500W, 35A for below 800W, 60A for Below 1000W, higher than 1200W please contact Daly service specialist.
6. Whether my BMS damaged?
if you want to check if the BMS is damaged, please take the following steps; test each cell voltage to be the same using a voltmeter. If the cell voltage is different over 1.0V, the fault is displayed that it cannot run, no power supply at the start range, short charge time – all these issues are almost caused by battery cells if BMS is damaged it will display as no charge, no discharge, no discharge while the battery has voltage.